This accessibility statement applies only to the Cefn Community Council website cefncommunitycouncil.co.uk.
Please note that due to Covid-19 our plans to improve the accessibility of this website have been delayed but we will be continuing work on improvements over time.
This website is run by Cefn Community Council. We want as many people to be able to use this website as possible. For example, this means that you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- to change text colours, contrast levels and fonts, but this has not been implemented yet.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some of the posts in the ‘News’ page which contain embedded pdfs or images of posters are not supported by screen readers.
- Some of the older PDF documents or those that are scanned images of paper documents on other pages, particularly those on the “Meetings & Agendas” and the “Policies & Procedures” pages are not supported by screen readers.
- We have not yet implemented the option to change test colour, contrast, or font onto the website.
- We have not yet tested the ability of the website to be navigated with voice recognition software.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille then please contact the council clerk on:
- Call 01978 821298
We will consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the council clerk
- Call 01978 821298
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Cefn Community Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to ‘exemptions’ listed below
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We did plan to add text alternatives for all images by September 2020 however, the disruption caused by Covid-19 has delayed this. We are currently assessing how soon this can be accomplished.
The PDF documents in the annual accounts section are scanned images of paper documents with signatures. The Images of Text in these documents cannot be customized, and so fail success Criterion 1.4.5 Images of Text.
The News Section includes PDF posters and other community news Items that are also images of Text and inaccessible to both screen readers and not customizable.